Thursday, November 1, 2007

Where have all the trick or treaters gone?

I was horribly disappointed in last nights trick or treaters. I was giving out as much candy as my fist could hold to the kids and I still had left over candy! Everyone I know said the same thing. The trick or treaters have vanished. I even got reports from two different cities and the reports were all the same! Where have all the children gone? Do they not crave candy like little meth addicts anymore? When I was a kid you had to wait your turn at the door of any house you went to because there was a million kids in front of you! I don't blame the parents though. The world is a crazy place and you really got watch yourself and your kids anymore. I just can't believe we didn't even get the kids that live on my street!

I had lunch with my girls at work today at Ludy's. It was much fun. Too bad the occassion is that one of my favorite girls is leaving us to go to Sacramento courts :(. We didn't have power when we arrived at work today which was horribly entertaining. My coworker talked my ear off about the new movie American Gangster. I hadn't even heard of the damn thing but now she's got me alllll interested. So if I have any extra money this month you'll know where I'll be spending it.

Oh, big news! Andrew is having surgery on his knee Tuesday. We found out yesterday at his follow up to his MRI. I guess his meniscus is torn and it's ruining his cartalidge or something. Anyway, it's very bad. So bad that they scheduled him for surgery less than week later! The good news is that it's microscopic surgery and he'll be up and running in no time (2-4 weeks). The bad news is that he works for an ASSHOLE of a company and he's going to get paid for his time off. NOT GOOD. Hopefully we'll sell some puppies or something to make up for it. He'll get disability but you don't get it for the first week here in Sunny California and it's only a fraction of your regular wages. So that's going to hit us hard with Christmas coming up and all. But hey, that's our luck. At least he's getting all fixed up and he'll be able to somewhat walk again! He's going to have them check out the other knee after this is all done and see if there's anything the stupid navy missed.

10 more days until I get my whole house back!!!! I'm so excited. I made a scrapbook for a friend this last week and I remember why I never scrapbook when I don't have an office. It's way too cluttered and I can't find half the things I know I have. Plus it will free up tons of space and I'll be able to spread my shit out again making my house look like a real house and less like a rummage sale. Now if I can just get rid of the dog smell...... Luckily for me Gidget doesn't want to be around the puppies anymore because they try to rip her boobies off so it will start being easier to keep her clean. We're going to start seperating our puppy now too since she's 6 weeks old this weekend and we've begun house training her. That will keep her from stinking too. She's so freaking cute. I can't believe something that small is going to grow up to be as big as Gidget!

2 comments:

Carina said...

Actually everyone I talked to where I lived had vans full of kids coming there way...I just live on a street that is easy to miss.
Ivan somehow got American Gangster on his PS3 thru the internet and watched six chapters or soemthing...but it sounds good.
Ugh, Knee surgery doesn't sound fun. Neither does potty training new pup. Is it as easy as cats? I have never potty trained a dog before. My mom sent me this about cats: http://www.citikitty.com/

Anonymous said...

There were a ton of kids here!