Saturday, November 24, 2007

Seriously disturbing

Every day my neighbor's dog parks to no end. NO END. He barks all morning, all afternoon, and all night. I know they never play with the poor thing but the daughter once told me that he slept in the garage at night. I had my doubts but whatever. The other night it was going to be 35 degrees during the night and it was advised to bring all your pets inside or to make sure they would be plenty warm for the night. Gidget is in the house as long as we're in the house anyway so she's taken care of. The puppies all had to sleep in a huge Extra Large size dog kennel that belongs to Gidget inside the house and we were out rounding them up when I told Andrew to toss a couple Milkbones over the back fence to get the dog to stop barking. He decided to investigate and peek over the fence a bit. What we discovered was that no only does that dog NOT have so much as a blanket let along a dog house but he didn't even have any food or water. At the very minimun he should have some water! Especially with all that barking he does. Now I've never called the cops before in my life and I'm not one to get nosey on my neighbors and I don't expect everyone to let their dog have free range like mine does but I CAN'T STAND to see a dog suffer. It was going to 35 freaking degrees that night and he's a short haired bastard. He could literally freeze to death! Literally. And he's doing all he can to say "hey! I'm fucking cold you assholes, let me in!" If I see it again I'm going to call the sheriff's to do a welfare check on him. I don't want to see him get taken away from his family (as if they care about him anyway!) but in my opinion you don't deserve to have animals if you can't care for them properly. If I can make sure that 8 puppies and a momma are fed, watered, warm, and entertained by billions of toys they can take care of one for Pete's sake! Assholes.

2 comments:

Carina said...

aw, poor dog. My dog can barely make it outside to go pee without shaking to death because of the cold. But she is a baby anyway. But you shouldn't treat your animals like that. It should at least have somewhere to go under shelter to keep warm from the cold. That isn't nice. plus no food or water is even worse!

Arlene said...

Our neighbor is like that with their dog...I'm actually going to go over and see if we can have him, and if not our landlady is calling SPCA to take him because she's been keeping an eye on him for a while...people suck!