Saturday, November 10, 2007

My hands hurt!

I got up at the crack of dawn today to assist Arlene in moving out and to start putting my house back together. My body hurts so bad my hands even hurt! The moving part was actually quick and painless, it was the moving all my crap around that killed me! That and shampooing the carpets and cleaning the walls with TSP so that I can paint them. I sent the boy to his mom's this weekend to sell puppies while I handled the house. I know it would seem logical for most women to leave their man in charge of the whole moving heavy furniture thing but that's not practical with Andrew. He always has a "better" way to do everything and it always involves spending money and it takes him 2-3 months to actually get it done. Left to my own devices I just use what I have and get it done effectively within a few short hours. Then we he gets home he can't bitch because it's done and he has no idea how I got it done. I didn't get as much done as I had hoped so I'm a little dissapointed. I got the spare bed pulled apart and started shampooing the dog piss out of the matress and I got both rooms shampooed and TSP'd. I got two book shelves moved which was a pain in the ass!!!! Andrew has soo many heavy ass books that he never ever reads but feels the need to have. We have gun manuals up the wazooo 'cause you know like twice a year he has time to go shooting. That's not even the worst part though! It's the 5 million HUGE binders that he insists on keeping even though each one has like 5 pieces of paper in there. Oh well, he gets one shelf and I get the other so as long as all his shit fits on one shelf I allow him to keep it.

About 3 pm I gave up and went to Big 5 to get a start on some Christmas shopping. I got Andrew and my dad both binoculars that have digital cameras in them. They were normally $130 and this weekend only they're on sale fr $30! It's a steal! I also got Andrew's step dad a couple of pocket knives that were on sale as well. One was normally $40 and it was on sale for $10. The other was like normally $20 and it was on sale for $7. He collects pocket knives I guess so he's getting $60 worth of knives for $17! That's my kind of Christmas shopping!

Tomorow I have a movie date with Ange. We're going to see American Gangster. I'm pretty damned excited because Ange and I never get to hang out anymore! It's hard for us to get together 'cause she has a kid and I'm always busy and/or broke. Woohoo! I'm also super excited because Monday is a holiday! And then the week after that is Thanksgiving so I get two days off and I took off the following Monday which means no more 40 hour weeks for me for the rest of November.

Something is poking me in the shoulder through my shirt and it makes me paranoid because I think there's a bug in there. I hate that.

So one puppy went home to her new home today and 3 others are seriously interested but they have to talk to their significant others so we'll see how many dogs Andrew comes home with tomorrow. The one that went bye-bye went to a good home so I'm happy. My coworker wants one too and I know it will have a good home as well so that brings me glee. I get worried that bad people will buy them and then leave them outside all the time in the heat and cold and such. I can't stand to see animals mistreated!!! It's not fair 'cause they can't stand up for themselves. My heart hurts just thinking about it. I'm sad now :(

2 comments:

Carina said...

Oh, I wonder if those binoculars are still on sale that would be good for my dad too! but um I already bought all his presents that consist of greenbay packers stuff :P

So did you keep on puppy home? You are keeping one right?

Anonymous said...

I have always asked people 30 questions and then lookedthem in the eye to see if I think they mean it. I love your blogs ya make me laugh