Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Today's the big day!

Andrew is getting his knee fixed up in about 45 mins! Woohoo! He's a little scared but I know he'll be fine. It's called arthoscopy - basically they stick a camera into one whole and the surgery tools in another hole and fix his artho stuff up. In other words, they're cutting out some flappy meniscus that's in there rubbing up against his cartalidge and causing pain and swelling. I've got today and tomorrow off to make sure he's alright before I go back to the hell hole.

Yesterday was a big day in the hell hole. While one person was checking in with security another person grabbed his wallet out of the little x-ray bins and ran out the door with it! Sounds like he's an idiot right? Oh you have no idea. First of all, he had just checked in with security about his court date so they knew his name. Second of all he was standing at the security station where he could literally see himself being videotaped on the security cameras. Thirdly, he skipped out on his court date which means he not only has a warrant for not appearing but now he has an arrest warrant. And lastly, they chased him outside where he jumped in his car and took off so they know what car he drives. HELLO LOSER.

Then the asshole of all assholes comes in demanding to know why his fine was so high. I tried to tell him, he refused to listen. Then I told him that he could have had it reduced had he appeared at his court date. He insisted he never made a court date. At one point he cut me off and told me "I'M THE ONE TALKING HERE!" Not for long buddy.... Then he insisted on talking to my supervisor and he gave her the same shit. Security was already standing beside him after the way he treated me and he continued to treat my supervisor in the same manner. He spoke to us like he was an authoritarian figure and we must listen and obey him. Finally security had had enough of him and ordered him to leave the building. He refused to leave. Security said that he was going to be arrested for trespassing and he said he'd like that. Hehehe.... the sheriff's love people like him! So 3 of them came down and out the door Mr. Demanding went. Then the asshole spent a half an hour arguing with the sheriff's! I would have totally cuffed his ass if I were them but they try not to have to write reports for assholes like that. Personally I would have cuffed his ass and given him a ride to the sheriff's department, booked him for a couple hours, and then let him find his own way back to his car. That would have taught him. It's pretty bad when security tells you to leave. I think I've only seen like MAYBE 5 people get asked to leave in the 3 years I've been there! Fucker.

*update*

Andrew is home and feeling fine. The surgery was very quick and easy and he's not having any pain right now. We'll see how he feels after the super strong drugs wear off and he's left with just his prescription.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm glad Andrew is doing well! I had that surgery when I was 15 (horses tend to take their toll) and everything went smoothly. Arthroscopy is so much better than the way they used to do it. My dad's knee looks like a football's laces and mine looks like I might have cut myself shaving! :P

Carina said...

Gosh your job sounds stressful! Brigette took the day off today to look for a new job.
Ivan got his thing from the court today about paying $10 for his ticket he was a little sad.
I am glad Andrew is feeling good. Hopefully it will make him feel all better later. I saw he was in pain when you guys came to visit.

Anonymous said...

glad everything went well hun!