Friday, November 2, 2007

Hmphf

So apparently there was only 3 of us that had bad luck with the trick or treaters.

Anywho! I put an ad in the paper today for my puppies. Damn thing cost me $40 and I said like 15 words. Hopefully it works.

Today was also my coworker Davina's last day with us :(. I'm gonna miss her! We had a nacho bar that I orchestrated and it turned out wonderfully except for the fact that the fiscal dept decided that just because we share a building with them we must share our food with them too and they helped themselves to not only the nacho's but the dessert. WTF? I hate them anyway but where are their manners? I mean really, who does that? Plus they barely moved into our building a couple months ago and they are down a hall and through a door (not even the same building as me thank god as I sit next to the court room). They don't even know Davina that well! Some people are just so rude.

Speaking of work, it's killing me physically this time. I'm probably the only person in history to get work related injuries at a freaking office job. You see they remodeled back in April and revamped our customer service counter where I work. Sounds great and all but the counter is seriously like 4 ft from my desk. 4 ft doesn't sound like alot until you're trying to reach over everything a million times a day to get various paperwork or money from people and to hand them their receipts. After awhile your neck, shoulders, and back start to protest. I've been doing it for 6 months in the new building and I can't hardly walk when I get off work! It's horrible! First tendenitis and now this! I guess it's just a sign that I'm getting old and haggard. I mean really, who gets hurt at an office job? No worries, I still go every day and I have no intention of claiming workers comp. That's not how I roll. I'd just assume get off the counter and go back to phones before I start pulling that shit. It's my choice to be at the counter and nobody else seems to have any issues so it's obviously my body that's jacked up although my boss things our counter is the most ergonomically INCORRECT set up ever built.

So... on that note I think I'll hit the sack.

3 comments:

Carina said...

that is rude for them to help them selves. who do they think they are. Especially since they don't know her.

I hurt my wrist at NHIC :/ I didn't want to do workers comp but I stupidly complained to my boss and they made me go and the workers comp people were dumb.
is there anyway they can make your desk ergonomically correct? that would be good.

I'm really not that angry..... said...

Haha! I did the same thing. I told my boss about my wrist and she made me see the workers comp doctor that gave me some wrist braces. The braces actually helped though! I only wear them now when I feel the tendenitis coming back. My desk is as ergonomical as it can be. I'm just too out of shape to spend my whole day leaning over at the counter. Nothing they can do about it though because they stupidly built our desks under the counter giving me no choice but to have to lean all day. They said they wanted to keep the customers at a distance. Hello! They are traffic violators, not fellans.

Carina said...

they can be both traffic violators and felons you never know!!
OH, ivan got mail from the police saying he had to go to the court to pay :/