Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I'm grumpy!

I shouldn't be because I just bought my wedding dress this weekend but I am! My boyfriend is driving me crazy, customers are driving me crazy, my future inlaws are driving me crazy. Bah!
First of all, I don't make up the amount of traffic fines. Nor do I make up the rules and procedures that we follow in the court. SO DON'T TAKE SHIT OUT ON ME. You're the one that got the ticket, asshole. You got yourself into it. We don't have to help you. In fact, we're not supposed to help you. So be happy that you get any guidance at all. If you have a problem with the fine amounts take it up with the state legislature whoever comes up with the fines. I don't know who it is, they don't work in little ol' Yolo County. Also, while we're at it - the money that I collect in no way goes into my pocket. I make less than most office workers who only have to deal with their computer all day and they never have to put up with assholes. I make less than the court accounting department that does nothing but send out bills and refer all questions or concerns to ME and my department. In fact, the money doesn't even go to our court. It goes to the state and a portion of it goes to the cop who gave you a ticket. Go bitch him out, he deserves it more than I. Sure you refused to yeild to an ambulance because you were talking on your cell phone to a very important client of yours. Yes I'm sure you're an upstanding citizen who always upholds the law and I totally understand why you think it's not that big of a deal. I mean it's not life or death right? Oh wait... It is. One guy bitched me out because I wouldn't take an emailed copy of his traffic school certificate and he insisted that I know why the court's policy doesn't allow it. This was after he talked nonstop shit about how I'm ripping him off and I probably get a great satisfaction stealing from him and blah blah blah. Hello, asshole - you're going to get a hard copy of your certificate. Is it really that fucking hard to put it in an envelope and mail it? I mean it can't be any harder than scanning the certificate and then attaching it to an email and trying to send it to our totally cryptic email address. I'm seriously so sick of people blaming me for shit I have no control over.

I'm also sick of Andrew expecting me to take care of everything for him. I swear to god it's a wonder he can wipe his own ass anymore. Then if I ask him to do something for himself he gets all bent out of shape and pissy. Like last night, for example. He insisted that the dog stay in the house even though I told him to put her out. In the first 1 1/2 hours that I was attempting to sleep she woke me like 3 times. First she wanted out. Then she wanted food. Then she decided to dig through the trash. I woke Andrew up and asked him to take her out to the garage where she sleeps with her babies and he threw a freaking fit and got all bent out of shape. Ok, first of all it's his dog. Second of all, he's the one that insisted she stay in the house. Third of all, he's always telling me to wake him up to take care of her when I bitch that I didn't get any sleep thanks to the dog. Lastly, he didn't have to work today but I did. It just pisses me off even thinking about it! Then today he wonders why I'm not all freaking loving. He swears to god that just because he works 2 jobs that he's off the hook for everything else. I'm so freaking sick of it. I mean I don't expect him to clean house or cook or run errands or anything. I just expect a little cooperation and some help once in awhile. He wants kids like crazy but he's high if he thinks I'm going to have kids and then be the only one that takes care of them while taking care of everything else and working. I don't think he realizes what exactly is involved in taking care of everything at home. Especially when he does nothing to make it easier on me like putting his clothes in the laundry basket or rinsing his dishes. He's such a freaking pig and then he has the audicity to bitch about other people! I'm just so freaking tired of everyone expecting so much from me and expecting me to make their lives easier for them. What about me? When do I get to relax? When is someone going to make life easy for me? I've asked around and everyone says it's the same thing with their men. Everyone has their issues I guess. I don't think it would bother me as much if the whole freaking world didn't treat me the same way. I'm tired of bending over my backwards to help people and being taken for granted. Nobody would do that shit for me.

On the subject of my inlaws - my future mother in law is insistent that I have religion in my wedding. I don't do religion. Not because I'm ignorant and I don't know anything about it - because I spent many, many years involved in the church and I made an educated choice NOT to buy into it. She's flying out a freaking preacher from Georgia who is a family friend and she keeps trying to talk me into having him be a part of the ceremony. A) I'm being married by a judge B) I HATE religious ceremonies and unless you're a bible thumper you probably do too. Nobody likes listening to a sermon while they're hot, uncomfortable, and sitting way too close to the bride's great aunt Mary who has a beard longer than the bride's father. Then she asked me if I'm going to do that bread breaking thing. WTF? NO. Now she's insisting that the dude pray before dinner. I think I'm going to let him but I'm going to pick the bible verse and I'm giving him a time limit. On one hand I think it's my wedding and since neither Andrew or I do religion we shouldn't have it at our wedding. On the other hand I know a marriage is a blending of families and I'm going to spend the rest of life compromising with her so I might as well start now. I'm also annoyed because she claims she's paying for this fellow to come out from Georgia and it's costing her $500. That's awfully nice of her but I'd much rather her pitch in that money towards the ceremony that at this point my parents are hosting alone. I mean I know they're tight on money and my parents aren't anymore but it's just the idea. To me it's not worth the money to have the dude fly out for a small garden wedding when Andrew hasn't seen him in 10+ years. But whatever, it's out of my hands.

I guess I'll quit ranting now. Mostly because it's F'ing freezing in here and I want to cuddle into my bed.

1 comment:

Carina said...

That first part about your work in your post you should make that, and place it on your window at work so people will understand better :)

I can't help you with your man problems. I wish I could though. I do have problems too with Ivan, especially because he has been very cranky lately. But it seems like were just stuck I guess.

As for your inlaw, I don't think you should put any of the church stuff in, if you don't want to. It is yours and andrews wedding not hers and this is your day. Just be tough and say no. I hope everything works out for you.