Saturday, October 13, 2007

Freaking Fabulous

I fucking LOVE Brooks and Dunn. I also fucking LOVE Alan Jackson. And by love I mean LOVE!!!!! I went to their concert last night (they were playing together in Concord) and I don't think I have ever enjoyed a concert as much as I enjoyed that one. Toby Keith is a close runner up but you really can't beat Brooks and Dunn AND Alan Jackson. The night started out questionable because it was raining and of course the concord pavilion is outside. It cleared up in time for the concert though and it actually turned into a beautiful night. I'd seen Brooks and Dunn in concert before and I knew they rocked so I wasn't surprised when they had me covered in goosebumps with tears in my eye (that happens to me when I'm really into music. I'm a freak, I know). When their concert was over I didn't have any voice left from singing and screaming and I couldn't believe I was still going to hear Alan Jackson! Alan had me screaming and dancing and crying ("remember when" is emotional when you're trying to plan a wedding). I have to say it was one of the best nights of my life. Hands down. Oh and Brooks and Dunn had 4 marines come on the stage when they were singing "Only in America" and they had flags waving on the background. Shit like that always covers me in goosebumps and blurs my eyes. Even now as I remember it I'm getting covered in goosebumps! Just as a side note - I'm against Bush and against the decisions our government sometimes makes and our foreign affairs policies but I am ALL ABOUT THE SOLDIERS. I even teared up on fleet week when the ships came in and all those boys were lining the sides of the boat in their white uniforms. I took some amazing pictures with my mother in law's camera but unfortunately I forgot to download them before she took off with camera in tow so those will have to be a later post :).

If you EVER get the chance to see either Brooks and Dunn or Alan Jackson I strongly recommend it!!!!!

1 comment:

Carina said...

you keep losing all your photos to other cameras or computers :/
But it sounds like you had a blast! did you take a lot of pictures so you could remember? I am glad that the weather cleared up in time for the concert. :)