Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Dear Dish Network Guy.....

.....You're an idiot!!!

Yesterday I call my phone company to order Dish Network and have it all combined onto one nice neat bill. They tell me that they can't open a Dish Network account for me because my name is coming up under an active account with Dish Network and I'll have to call them and straigten it out. Seeings how I used to have Dish Network I thought I understood the problem so I called them up to clarify. The conversation went like this:

DN: Thank you for calling Dish Network, this is the biggest moron on earth speaking, how can I help you?

ME: Yes, Hello. I called ATT today to set up a Dish Network account and they are showing that I still have an active account with you guys that I need to close before I can start services with them.

DN: *searches my name, address, social security number* No, you don't have an open account with us. Just go ahead and call ATT back and tell them that you don't have an open account with us.

ME: Right. Well you see I already told them that I didn't have an open account and they didn't believe me because your computer system is telling them otherwise.

DN: Nope, nothing wrong here. Just go ahead and call them back.

ME: *realizing that there's no way ATT is just going to take my word for it* Well since I have you on the phone can I just set up services with you?

DN: What?

ME: You know, I'd like to start a new service.

DN: Oh right! I can help you with that. Let's see... I'm going to need your name and your new address.

(I give him the neccessary information)

DN: It seems that you've had an account with us before. Several actually, I'm showing multiple addresses.

ME: Yes, I did have a Dish Network account once and I moved a few times while I had the service. I called and cancelled it back in February and returned the dish and the receivers.

DN: Oh, ok. Let me try this again.

(Long pause.......)

Well it seems that I can't set you up a new account because you've already had multiple accounts with us before. We're showing L st and M st addresses. The computer won't let me start a new account and you can't receive our channels without our dish and receivers.

ME: Umm.. yeah. I had one account and I MOVED a few times while I had it. I called up that service you have called "Dish Movers" and a nice man named David came out and helped me move our dish and our service. I've only ever had ONE account.

DN: Well the computer is not letting me sign you up for a new account.

ME: So what? I don't ever get to have Dish Network again because I cancelled my account once? I paid everything, I didn't have any delinquent bills, I returned my equipment. I don't see how it wouldn't be possible for me to get another account. Can we just reopen my old account and have the services moved to my new address?

DN: Hmm... I guess we could. Let me see..... Oh! What do you know! It worked. Ok, we'll have you ready to rock in roll by Tuesday.

ME: Why thank you! And next time, don't be such a fuck up. This is the second time in a week that I've had to tell someone how to do their job and that's just not my thing. I don't like telling people how to do something I know nothing about. Can I shoot you?

Ok, so maybe the last line is a little bit exaggerated but I was seriously thinking it, I swear! What is with people these days? I mean, honestly I would be horribly embarrassed if someone came to my counter and then had to tell me how to do something that should be the first thing you learned when you started the job.

I can just imagine....

DEF: Excuse me, I'd like to pay my ticket.

ME: Well it looks to me like you've paid a ticket here before. I'm sorry sir but you're not going to be able to pay tickets here ever again. Just go ahead and get your tickets in other counties from here on out, k?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL...I'm laughing with you, really. I hate customer service people as a general rule. They always seem to be the least personable and the most stupid. Glad you got it all cleared up!

barnmouse said...

Ha ha! Looks like I'm not the only one who has wanted to knock some sense into the Dish Net people!

Check it out! http://barnmouse.blogspot.com/search?q=Dish+Net

We had to call them out again last week after the roofers "bumped" the dish (and to quote them "we were very careful around the satelite dish, so don't worry" HA!) but surprisingly they here right on time! Early even! Of course, it did nearly take us pushing them out the door to get the to stop watching our tv and leave! LOL

Arlene said...

LOL, this is so much funnier than you made it out to be last night when we were both tired :-D I swear to Bob, I've never heard of "no repeat customers please" Hahahahahaha!!!

Jenni said...

OMG, where do companies find these people? Hopefully that call was being recorded for "quality assurance purposes."

Sparky said...

HAHAHa. Yeah, but see you are just doing it on the phone. I like going into the store and having to do the people's job at the store. Actually I did that today. And then I told the guy where he could send my paycheck from them for doing his job. I don't think he liked that too much.