Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Country Fried Weekend!


Saturday the boy and I headed up to Konocti to watch The Charlie Daniel's band with my parents. I love me some Charlie Daniels! Of course I love all things country music but whatever. Everything would have been swell had it not been for the rock hard bed that we had to sleep in and the fact that it was head to head with my parents bed in the next room over! Needless to say all we did was (try) to sleep. Sunday we headed back down the valley and stopped at the lavendar festival. Basically it was a bunch of hippies picking lavendar out of the fields. I wasn't about to go near the damn lavendar because I've never seen so many bees in all my life. NO THANK YOU. I'll buy some lavendar at the store.













































Later that evening we headed up to Colusa for the county fair. Yeehaw! We shot guns in a orchard for awhile. Actually, I sat under a tree and watched bugs crawl around near me while Andrew and his step dad shot guns then we were off to the derby. Two corn dogs, one large pepsi and one large lemonade later I was sitting in the burning hot sun having a heat stroke watching a bunch of hormone raged boys crash into each other. Aww... the life of a country girl. The only problem with the night was the horror film like bugs that were attacking me for about 15 mins straight. No joke, the bastards came down from the lights for no apparent reason and went at us full steam ahead. I was thisclose to running out of there screaming with my arms waving and my shirt up over my head. Colusa is such a pretty town. I love it so much! That little town is home to the smallest mountain range in the world, you know. The lovely Sutter Buttes!

1 comment:

Arlene said...

Your Sutter Butte pic isn't showing up :-(
Love the lavender shots!! Mmmm, love me some lavender (although not with bees!)
Can't wait to go to the derby here!!!!