Saturday, February 2, 2008

Hello again!

I was out of commission for awhile as my internet decided that it didn't want to cooperate for about a week so I was sneaking peeks from work but now I'm back in full force! Let's see... nothing new here. Today I'm taking my car to Folsom Chevrolet to see if they'll buy the damn thing. They have a new "sell us your ride" promotion going on and I for one would like to take advantage of it. The selling of the mitsubishi has not been going as well as planned. Nobody wants the damned thing. Apparently it's not that popular of a model. I'd rather sell it to a dealership anyway because than I know I don't have to worry about any title issues down the road like when the new owner doesn't register it and then I start getting owner's responsibility tickets in the mail and I have to go to court and prove that I sold the damn thing. Not something I want to deal with.

I had an interesting customer on Tuesday I think it was. Andrew's ex wife's dad came to my window with a registration ticket and started grilling me on my life with Andrew and our up coming wedding. They still won't go away!!!! Andrew and I have been together for a year and a half already and the bitch still can't get over it. I even saw her ass spending my money at Target with a new beau on her arms and yet her family is still pestering me! I didn't tell him SHIT. I just smiled and said everything was hunky dorey. Idiot. I guess he got in an argument with the security guard too because he wanted to bring his knife in the building and she said hell no. He said he had the right to be armed. She pointed out that his right stopped at the doors of a court house. Is he trying to get himself arrested?! Turns out the company my dad works for is suing them in my office too for non payment. That outta be interesting. I just can't shake 'em.

Speaking of my job, we almost made it on the news the other night. I guess a gay couple were making out on the stree outside our office and THE sheriff walked by in plain clothes and they all ended up in a brawl. The sheriff says that he was just minding his own business and the two guys picked a fight with him for no apparent reason and he was happy that they picked him because he's trained to take them down and the next unfortunate soul may not have been able to handle them. The gay couple's story (the one I believe) is that the sheriff who I remind you was in PLAIN CLOTHES started making homophobic remarks towards them and was insulting their sexuality and the gay couple (who had just left drug court hahahaha) started getting pissed off and threw a punch at him. I've been working with cops and druggies long enough to know that cops are fucking assholes and they think they can get away with treating people anyway they like because, well, they can. Druggies who just got released from drug court generally don't start fights with known officers because they don't want to get put back in jail. The cop of course will claim that they were high on meth. I find that hard to believe since we do the actual drug testing in our building and report to the judge within minutes of the result. So you mean to tell me that the guys tested clean, got released, walked 1/2 a block away, got high on meth and jumped a cop? Uh-huh...... sure.

In other news I'm reading "A Thousand Spendid Suns" and I love it!!! It's horribly depressing and morbid but I can't put the damn thing down! I got the recommendation off of another blog along with The Kite Runner, Water For Elephants and The Glass Castle but Suns is the first one I got so it's the first one I started reading. I pridict I'll have it done by tomorrow. It's raining here so really I have nothing better to do :)

Well I better pay some damn bills and take a shower so I can try to sell my car. Andrew went to work on a car and took Gidget with him so I'm finally getting some peace and quiet!

1 comment:

Carina said...

I don't like cops much, they think they are better than they are.

I think I read the kite runner. Well, not actually read but listened to it at work. There is a movie of it now. I have been seeing A Thousand Splendid Suns in the bookstore and being thinking about reading it but I haven't. I know if I read kite runner I will remember reading it. I am almost done with wuthering height and then I am going to read the Iliad. I am going for the older novels right now. :P