Saturday, May 26, 2007

Reoccuring dreams

So I keep having two seperate reoccuring dreams. One involves my ex, Jimmy and the other my maternal grandpa. The ex ones vary from us still being together or me seeing him out and about to us trying to work things out. Last night I dreamt that we had broken up but we were still going to work on things and we were holding hands. Now there's many reasons why I could be having these dreams. One being that I've recently become addicted to the sex and the city books "He's just not that into you" and "it's called a break up because it's broken." These books rock. They're funny, full of the truth, and every girl can totally relate. My friend at work just went through a horrible break up and she read them and loved them! The second reason that I could be dreaming about my ex is because I have a few friends going through break ups right now and it could be bring up old memories of my horribly depressing, life changing last break up. The only problem with the first two excuses is that I've been having these dreams for a year. So that brings me to reason number 3 - he's still under my skin. WTF? How do I get him out??? During waking hours I would never take him back. During waking hours I know that he could have never given me all that I need in a relationship. During waking hours I love Andrew more than any man I've ever dated. But when I fall asleep it all falls apart. As I've said before, Andrew is amazing and I truly plan on spending the rest of my life with him. I just wish I could get Jimmy out of my sleep!

The second dream involves my Grandpa Ray and I have no idea why I keep dreaming about him. The only thing I can think of is that my unconscious is trying to tell me to spend some more time with him before he dies. That makes my conscious self feel guilty because I don't dream about my other grandparents and I know deep down that Grandpa Ray is my favorite. Last night I had a dream that my grandpa's testicals just up and fell off and he was bleeding to death. I have to think that only psychopaths have these kinds of dreams. I mean, really - his testicals? In the dream I was horribly upset and crying to no end. The weird thing is that my grandpa is in good health and occassionly stops by on a Sunday afternoon just to visit. I see him more than any of my other grandparents so why the weird dreams? I'm not religious in the least but I'm almost starting to think that someone is trying to tell me something that I don't want not know.....

At any rate I'm seriously disturbed. Why can't I dream normal dreams about hot FedEx drivers and stuff?

2 comments:

barnmouse said...

"Normal dreams"? What are those? lol All of my dreams are extremely weird (as are my hubby's). On occasion, I dream about ex's too. I think that we dream about them because they were a big part of our lives (some for a long time, some only a little). It is kind of disturbing to dream about still being with them when in reality we're not interested in them at all anymore, but I chalk that up to just crazy dream stuff...and maybe I ate some cheese before bed or something.

Arlene said...

I'm with Barnmouse, there is no such thing as a normal dream! But I can totally get why these would disturb you, and I have no answers for you :-( I'll trade you though, 'cause I'm always getting killed in my dreams :-(