Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Does Walmart have ANY employee criteria????

ATTENTION CASHIER
1. Scan the Start/Stop bar code below
2. Scan the Registry I.D. bar code above
3. Scan the items for the registry
4. Scan the Start/Stop bar code below again

The above is what's printed in bold on the top of every page on the baby registry I tried to purchase from today. First the lady rang up the item first and then didn't know how to get the registry to work. Instead of reading the instructions she called her supervisor who proceeded to push a bunch of buttons that did absolutely no good. At this point I point out that there's instructions on top of the page. They are still pushing buttons. I suggest maybe starting the transaction over because the instructions very clearly state that you must scan some bar codes first. I get the first dirty look. The manager starts the transaction over again, scans one bar code and then tries to scan the item. Shockingly the computer is not accepting it. A slight glance at the instructions would show why this is. Again I make a suggestion (Ok, I straight up tell them) that they need to scan BOTH barcodes before scanning the item. I get another dirty look. They still don't follow the damn instructions but luckily the item comes off of the registry. The cashier asks us where we work and I happily tell her that we work for the court. By the time we leave I'm pissed. I mean SERIOUSLY!!! The F'ing instructions are printed on every single page of the 5 page registry. Yes, idiot manager, I realize you loathe me right now for telling you how to do YOUR job but if you weren't such a fuck up and you could follow simple instructions I wouldn't have to tell you how to do YOUR job! IDIOTS!!!!

1 comment:

Arlene said...

Reason number 4,587 why I hate people!!!!!