Wednesday, May 23, 2007

It's only Wednesday

So my day starts out with this girl at my counter who set up payments on her traffic citation back in January. Today is May 23. The girl hasn't made a single payment on her case in the entire 5 months and suprise!!! She got a late penalty of $300 (the law doesn't mess around with their late charges!). So she comes to my counter and in her bitchiest tone argues with me that she shouldn't have to pay the penalty because we didn't have her new address and she wasn't receiving her bills. I kindly explained to her that she KNEW she had a ticket and she KNEW she had set it up on payments so she shouldn't have waited 5 monts to contact us. Of course she went skitzo on me and I set her a court date so that the Judge could tell her again exactly what I told her at the counter. Come on people!!! What do you think would happen if you didn't pay your cell phone for 5 months? They'd shut if off! Do you think they care if you didn't receive your bills? No. Common sense would tell any human being that after a month or two with no bill you should probably contact your creditor and find out what's up.

So I come home for lunch and my boyfriend hasn't done a single productive thing all day. Instead he's chilling with the door wide open letting all the flies in while he shows his guns off to the painter. Now it's 6:15 pm and the painters are still here. Hmmm... maybe because they didn't get any work done because Andrew was pestering them all day? He didn't clean the dog kennel, he didn't buy our derby tickets, he didn't do diddly.

So I get home from work and the painters are still here with their crap spread out all over the front yard and the front door is taped shut. Lovely! The dog is going nuts trying to get outside but I can't let her out because we don't have a fence in the back yard right now. Oh, I guess I forgot to mention that there were people here rebuilding our fence today as well as painters and my idiot boyfriend. Now I cna't let the pooch out back because she'll run into my scary ghetto neighbor's yard. Yikes! She'll have to poop in the front yard until that fence gets fixed and God only knows when that will be!!!

Now I sit alone venting my irritation onto you poor, innocent souls. Andrew took off to do some side work (as usual) and I'm debating on whether or not to eat Mac and Cheese for dinner or rice and veggies..... Hmmm...... that's a hard call.

2 comments:

Arlene said...

Mac and cheese here, which the boy didn't like because it was white cheese instead of orange. Oops, apparently that was my bad. Note that, k :-)
I would be so frustrated in that situation too, and yeah, you forgot to tell me about the fence. I hope the jerks get it up soon, and tell Andrew to put the guns away, the ghetto painters don't need to know which house to break into for their next drive by!!
How's the stove by the way?

Sparky said...

Ahhh, come on, there is always time for guns!!