Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Mommy!

"Mommy" is what I felt like screaming today! What a day! First off there was umpteen million people in my office today. Secondly none of them had any brain cells left. This guy came to our counter and he was supposed to show proof that he has a driver's license right? What do you think he brings? His written driver's license test. That's right - the long, skinny, multiple choice written test. What are we supposed to do? Check his answers to see if they're correct. Sorry bubba, try again. This time try bringing in your actual license! Duh. On top of the idiots I have three sociopaths that I'm dealing with right now. One writes me letters every day. EVERY DAY. They say "what is wrong with you people?? Why don't you write me back???" Umm.... give it a couple days buddy. Letters don't magically appear in your mailbox overnight. Plus there might be like 2,000 other people that also need dealing with. The second one is african american and thinks that the whole county is out to get her because we're all the KKK and we spend all of our time and energy finding ways to get to HER. The third is the worst. She claims she's an elementary school teacher who's dyslexic and can't write her case number correclty or fill out her appeal forms correctly. She's been a nightmare from the beginning but recently she claims that the judge told her to come to court at 4. Right...... 'cause the Judge often tells people to show up at the exact moment that we close. Now she says she's going to sue the courts for the emotional stress that it's causing her. Hey psycho - if you had just paid your F'ing ticket from the get go you wouldn't be having this stress. And don't think we don't know you love the drama you're creating. There's no other reason you would be so hell bent on fighting a ticket that you admitted to!

My coworkers are pissing me off too! I'm throwing a lunch time baby shower for one of our coworkers on Friday and a few of us were thinking it would be nice to all go in and buy her a rocker that she wants. It works out to $12 a person - far less than I would have spent had I shopped on my own. But alas, people are bitching that they are too broke and can't afford $12. Really? But you can afford to drink 1/2 a bottle of whiskey every night and you brag about how great your husband is when he can't keep a job? Awww.... it was sweet that he brought you flowers today - too bad he used your credit card to purchase them. I mean come on people! Andrew and I are broke, broke, broke but when someone has a freaking baby we come up with $12 to go towards a rocker. Oh, and bake the cake. And buy the decorations, invitations, party favors, and game supplies. But I guess $12 is far too much to ask, especially in our extremely close knit office. We should just all pitch in a buck and buy her a package of onsies and a binkie. Doesn't anyone have the sense of giving anymore? Do they all need the ghost of christmas past to come steal them away in the night and take them to tiny tim's house?

On the bright side Andrew surprised us all with icee's today. Unfortunately it was so busy that I didn't get to eat mine until it was melted and watered down but I drank it anyway. Then everyone goes "Oh, I don't have money to give Andrew for the icee." Ummm.... duh. We don't suprise people with things and then say they have to pay for them! That happened to me once actually. My friend had her mom make me a freaking quillow and then I had to pay $30 for it. WTF?

The light at the end of the tunnel is that I got my hair cut finally and I made more of my insanely delicious peanut butter chocolate chip cookies! Hooray for sugar!!

3 comments:

Sparky said...

what the big ol F is a quillow?

I'm really not that angry..... said...

It's a quilt that you can fold up into a pillow. Lame, I know. Even lamer is that I still have it. I'll show it to you :)

Arlene said...

Yeah I was curious about the quillow too. I thought maybe it was a typo :-)
I can't believe the idiots you have to deal with every day, and that you still work there! I'd pull my hair out and shove bamboo shoots under my fingernails!!! Oh, and the guy with white coats would probably take me again ;-)
You didn't tell me you belong to the KKK. NICE!!