Friday, May 25, 2007

Bored.... again

So I'm home alone and I'm bored. Again. Andrew is out doing some side work and it's just me and Gidget in for another long night. I love that Andrew works so hard to make sure our bills get paid but it gets awfully lonely around here sometimes and I miss him like crazy.

On a brighter note my good friend Lindsay graduated from college today! I took the afternoon off to accompany her family to the graduation ceremony that was absolutely freaking packed! I hate crowds! Grr.... Amazingly enough my brother's best friend was graduating at the same time. Even more amazingly Lindsay was the first one to receive her diploma in that huge crowd of 700 students!

Part of me wants to go back to school and get that degree just to say I did it and part of me still hates that damn place with a passion. I love learning and I generally love attending class. What I hate is driving there in horrible traffic, parking in that nightmare, packing a back pack around in the wind, rain, and 200 degree weather, and homework! I also really hate the cost of college. And honestly, I love what I do. I can't imagine wanting to do anything else that would require my degree. Horrible, I know but the motivation just isn't there for me. Oh well.... maybe next year :)

2 comments:

Arlene said...

I don't think I'm going to be able to swing the spanish class, because it's sundays and I won't have anyone to watch the kids, but maybe we can find an online one to do through one of the colleges...aside from cost, that would take away all of the things you hate about school :-P

barnmouse said...

Oh Graduation! Thank God you said that! I've got to buy a graduation present for someone and I have no idea what to buy! Any suggestions?