Thursday, March 27, 2008

Tomorrow may be my birthday... but today it's Things on the Road Thursday!

It's been awhile since I've done Things on the Road Thursday (brought to us by Barnmouse) but this week I have a real treat for y'all. Now bear with me 'cause my camera phone takes shitty pictures and blogger always puts a big white box next to them.....

First off we have the completely saran wrapped car I spotted outside of a Red Robin in Yuba City. Apparently it's this guy's birthday or something because they wrote all kinds of stuff on it in ketchup but I didn't get close enough for a good picture. We actually saw the culprits in action while going into the Red Robin and we got to see the final project when we left. Now if only we had seen the guy's face when he found it.....

Second, we have ourselves a 3 door car. Yes, a car. Not a limo. Not an SUV. Just a ghetto 3 door car. Damn those Yuba City people are creative. Unfortunately I did not get a picture of the flames that were painted on the hood or of the 2 trashy looking ladies sporting this fine peice of machinery but you get the point. Someone put alot thought and effort and probably money into this pile of crap.
In other unrelated news my birthday is tomorrow. I'll be 27 in case y'all were wondering. Nothing horribly special planned. My mom is taking me to lunch, my friends are taking me to dinner. Andrew works swing so we'll probably do something on Saturday. Then my folks are taking us all out to Chevy's on the river to celebrate my birthday and my brothers 'cause they are only 2 weeks apart.
Cocoa chewed the wrap off of her foot from her toe nail removal today. All I can say is HOLY MOTHER OF GOD. I couldn't take pictures because someone might have eaten before reading this and they would certainly have lost it. Needless to say we took a $200 trip to the vet down the street because her foot was twice as big as it should have been and had 2 open wounds that weren't anywhere near the stitches. The bastards at the vet made me feel like I abused the poor baby so I choose to just get a new wrap and a new cone and take her to our normal vet. They don't understand that she never once showed signs that it hurt her or bothered her at all. In fact everyone kept commenting on how well she was doing. She hated that place which made me hate it because she normally loves going to our regular vet. So she's going back to our regular vet tomorrow for probably $200 more in work. I have no idea how it got that bad!!! I wish she had just once limped or walked without it or something so I would have known! Poor baby :(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ACK! I can't believe I forgot TRT AGAIN!!! My brain is on vacation or something! :P GREAT pics, though! Hilarious!

Happy Early birthday! I'll be 27 in June.

I hope Cocoa feels much better soon and heals all up. I know about bad vets. I credit our first one for pretty much ruining my dog. They were horrible to him and now he doesn't trust anyone he doesn't know. Not good for a 125 lb dog.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH! I Wish I could celebrate with you! Im going to see if Berto will drop off your present. He is going to be in town. OMG, that 3 door car I used to see EVERYWHERE in Yuba City. See the trash I put up with? lolMe and Vic used to make so much fun of it. Have a great Bday. I am going to be blogging more now. LOVE YOU!

Give Cocoa love!

Carina said...

Happy Birthday! :)
This month I saw the same thing! with the saran wrapped car. It was a mini cooper it was funny to see. I think it was around st paddy's day.

Poor cocoa. That sounds awful but she is sure strong not limping or anything. Whit, she fake limps to get attention :P