Friday, March 28, 2008

Birthday Recap

Ok listen up 'cause you're only going to here me say this once in my life:

I'm glad my birthday is over.

Not because it was a bad birthday and not because I'm a year older but because I feel like crap and it's been a struggle to get through the day. I don't know if it's massive allergies or a vicious cold but I've had one runny nostril all day, plugged ears, watery eyes, and a head that feels like exploding. And on top of all that my stomach hurts from sniffling while searching for a tissue. I didn't let on that I felt as bad as I do though because alot of wonderful people did alot of special things for me and I didn't want their efforts to be a waste.

To begin, my boss decorated my desk this morning with 3 banners and a shit load of confetti which you know I left on my desk all day long. One of my coworkers, Sue, gave me the cutest wooden angel I've ever seen in my life and brought a massive cake. My counter buddy, Karina, gave me a card and a gift card to Walmart which really surpised me and then I got the usual card that everybody signed.

My mom picked me up for lunch and took me to Judy's where we eat every year on her birthday and mine although she's dieting for my wedding this year so she skipped the greasy burger and fries. I'm not dieting for my wedding. I know this should be a problem but my theory is that I've been fat since I was 8. Andrew met me when I was fat. Andrew loves me even though I'm fat. I'll be fat after I get married so why stress over trying to not be fat for the wedding? As if I don't have enough stuff to stress about?! Anyway....

My two friends took me out to a deliciously expensive dinner at Tazzina Bistro tonight where I had Gnocchi and cobbler. So yummy! We skipped the after party on account of my health.

Andrew gave me a cd and a movie last night and a beautiful card this morning. He works swing shift so I didn't get to see him for lunch or dinner but he's going to take me out tomorrow. Sunday we're having the big dinner at Chevy's with my parents for my birthday and my brother's birthday. Hopefully I'll feel better by then. I plan on vegging out all day tomorrow.

Cocoa AND Gidget are staying over night at the vet. I swear those bastards know when we have extra money 'cause every time we do they end up in the vet. Cocoa is going to be fine. Her swelling has decreased greatly and her sores are from having the wrap on too long. Apparently we were only suppossed to keep her foot wrapped for 5 days but we both heard 10-15. What she has is like bed sores - her foot wasn't getting any air and bacteria was growing in there and all we have to do to fix her up is put neosporin on her foot every night and keep her head in a cone for about 2 weeks. Much better than the $500 tests the emergency vet here in town was going to do. I do thank them for the new antibiotics though because I really think that's why her swelling went down so much so quick. In the midst of all of this we noticed that Gidget kept licking the shit out of one of her back feet so we took her in too. She sliced her foot between the toes along the nail. How she did this I have no idea. I don't even know how the vet found it because Andrew and I both examined her foot and found nothing. That's why they are vets and we are not I guess. So Gidgie had to go under to have her foot sewn up and she too has to wear a cone for 2 weeks. Plus neither one of them can play outside while we're at work until they're all healed up so the poor babies will have to live in their kennels while we're at work. I feel bad 'cause the weather is so nice right now. So I'm going to have two cone heads running around for the next two weeks. Ought to be fun....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Sounds like you had a great one.