Monday, March 3, 2008

Prank Call!

I was sitting on my couch a few moments ago minding my own business when my house phone rang. Now my house phone almost never rings unless it's Dish Network trying to get me to upgrade my service or something but seeings how it was 5:30 I thought maybe it was mom trying to call before she left work or something. Who knows? Luckily for me I have caller ID and I saw that it was a private caller and I got scared because we didn't put the alimony check in the mail until the 29th of Feb and I thought it was Andrew's ex - wife getting ready to rip us a new one.

*It only takes one day for mail to get from our house to hers anyway but knowing our luck it didn't get delivered on Saturday the 1st and godforbid she get it on the 3rd.

I let it go to the answering machine and some dude starting leaving a message saying he "liked how I gave it to him last night"!!!!!!! Then he passed it off to another dude who said some more of the same shit. Now mind you I don't have much of a social life. I have a few friends that I've had for ages and my work. Period. I haven't run amuck since like 2004 when my best friend and partner in crime got pregnant.

Normally I would assume that Andrew's ex has something to do with it (yes, 2 years later she still occassionally decides to be a pain in the neck) and I would laugh it off but this time I'm kinda... I don't know... I guess a little scared? A few months back two dudes left a prank call on my voicemail at work that was similar in nature. It was a teeny bit unnerving but I'm not one that gets upset easily so I mostly just laughed at it. Most likely they were idiots and I had to get an attitude and they were pissed (they did mention in the voicemail that they thought I hated my job). I was a little bit curious how they got my direct line but my first initial and last name do pop out on receipts and I believe our phone system allows you to look people up by name so I just laughed at it and passed it on to my boss who tried to have the number tracked with no luck. No biggie. Now a very similar incident at home? Am I being crazy or should I be a little bit worried? IF it's the same guys and IF they looked up my home phone why would they still be after me months later? I mean that would take some thought and work on their part. Thank god I don't have my address listed anymore (thanks to Andrew's ex!).

Or could it just be Andrew's ex getting bored with her lastest beau and deciding to stir the pot a bit? I haven't been prank called since she stopped calling a year or so ago and before that I hadn't been pranked called for like 5+ years! As I said before - that only thing that disturbs me is how similar in nature it was to my work prank call and if someone is really that angry what will they do next? Do y'all think I'm jumping to conclusions????

4 comments:

Carina said...

that is a bit scary. Both prank calls had two guys calling. that is a little too similar. hmm...but prank call you a couple months inbetween...that is odd. I never get prank calls so I don't know. but to me that sounds scary.

Anonymous said...

I agree with carina. That's just a little bit too similar. You're right. It could just be two bored guys messing around (and they might not be the same guys from your office). But it could be the same guys who are really messing with you or Andrew's ex being a bitch. In any case, if you're worried about it (and you have every right to be) call the cops and tell them you're being harassed at your home AND your place of business and chances are they can trace the calls find out if the same people are behind both calls. Tell them about Andrew's ex and how she can be spiteful and likes to screw with you both. No one likes to be afraid when the phone rings, and you shouldn't have to be.

Anonymous said...

It's probably nothing but I'd prank call the Ex just to be bitchy. :-)

Shelli said...

Prank calls suck. I got alot of pizza delivery ones that pissed me off for awhile.

Thanks for stopping by. Just a sad time in our house.

Shelli