Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas Recap

So far I've only received one bath set this year! Amazing, I know. The bad news is that I still have two more Christmas's to do this weekend. I guess my aunt and uncle from Texas are coming to visit with their kids so we're doing a Christmas on Saturday with my dad's mom and my dad's other sister and then on Sunday we're doing another Christmas with my dad's dad! My dad's dad always makes me jerky at Christmas time so I'm pretty excited about that.

So let's see... Christmas Eve Andrew and I both worked but he did slip out a tiny bit early so we rushed to his Aunt Cenza's house for their traditional Italian Christmas dinner with meatballs, garlic bread, salad, and what I thought was lasagna but I was told later it was Eggplant Parmesan. No matter, it was yummy anyhow! Then we went back to Andrew's parents house where we opened a gi-normous pile of gifts! It was madness! We only bought them a few things each 'cause we're on a budget and all but they went crazy! I got a jewelry box, a gift certificate for a photography lesson, slippers, 4 or 5 cd's, a bunch of wool socks that I love (I'm totally sporting my pink ones today with my black slacks and black shoes!), and all kinds of other misc stuff that's slipping my mind right now. We crashed at their house and then woke up Christmas morning and had pie for breakfast. My father in law to be watched the 24 hour marathan of The Christmas Story just like he does every year and he kept swearing that he's never got to watch it all the way through! I don't know how that could possibly be since I swear I watched it all the way through 6 times that night.

Christmas day we went out to my parents for some more yummy food and presents. My dad deep fries his turkey every year and it is soooo good. I know it sounds Redneck but it's good, I promise. And we are rednecks so it doesn't matter anyway! My folks hooked us up with a shop vac and some fancy egyptian cotton sheets. We got a lot of other little odds and ends too including a cd and a book that I wanted and a hammer that we needed :).

My brother and I have a tradition where we never wrap each other's gifts in wrapping paper. Ever. We always come up with something clever. He totally sucked this year and wrapped mine in aluminum foil and labeled it with a Sharpe. So been done before! I totally took the cake. First I wrapped his book in traditional wrapping paper. Then I wrapped it up in a bright yellow bag that my phone book got delivered in that said "Yellow Pages" all over it. Then I shoved it into an empty garbage bag box that I had. I thought it was good enough like that but Andrew grabbed a ceiling fan box that we had and threw it in there and then wrapped it with spill pads (you know, to catch the oil that drips from your car) and electrical tape. He topped it off with a bow he made from zip ties. It took my brother like 20 mins to open it! It was great.

For some reason my brother's inlaws gave him the game "You Might Be A Redneck..." and my brother is like totally metal, dresses in all dark colors, and has hair to his waist. I guess they figured he couldn't escape his roots. We broke it out Christmas night and while we were all expecting Andrew to take the cake my brother actually won! Good stuff!!!!

Christmas night Andrew lit a fire and we snuggled on the ground eating Pumpkin ice cream out of the carton. Our dogs came and laid down next to us too and it was so peaceful. We had all the lights off so it was just the Christmas lights and the fire and us with our ice cream. I wish every night could be that relaxed and romantic. But then again I guess that would take the charm out of things if it was the norm.

The day after Christmas I officially had to come back to work. No time off for me! Luckily we don't have any court going for 2 weeks so we've been able to play catch up. In fact I caught up on like day 1 since I was never behind so it's been a teeny wit boring for me but whatever! I'll take boring over court any day! In fact, I've just typed this whole blog while waiting for my coworker to return and relieve me for lunch. Wouldn't you know it, she just walked in.......

1 comment:

Carina said...

i have always wanted deep fried turkey...