Thursday, December 20, 2007

Home Sweet Home

I'm back from Vegas! Actually I got back Tuesday but it was late and yesterday I was way too tired to blog. So it was fun but I don't know if it was worth it. It was cold which is better than hot in Vegas for sure but my skin was dry and my jeans managed to chaff the skin off of the back of my knees. Don't ask me how. Then I walked so much that my little toe nail rubbed up against my 4th toe and rubbed some skin off. Not pleasant. That on top of the normal wear and tear you get from hiking it everywhere really did me in! We did ride the gondolas though which was fun and we did the Nascar simulation and I won!!!! Haha suckers! I didn't even want to race because I'd done it before and I know it makes me car sick so I was puttering around the track taking great precautions not to hit anything and I ended up winning! I guess all the guys were too busy ramming into each other and stuff to win. I know Andrew thought he was going to win for sure and he came in last place!!! That just cracks me up to no end.

Of course no trip of ours can be complete without a few issues though but luckily they waited until the end. So we get to the airport at 2:45 for our 4:00 flight because we don't have any baggage to check and we hate sitting at the airport waiting. We get to the counter because there is no kiosk to check in at and the guy tells us that all the flights are delayed and they are moving us to the 1:30 flight because it will be here before the 4:00 flight and they want to get us home as soon as possible. Then they tell us to haul ass to the gate so we did. We get there after practically running through the airport with Andrew leaving my ass behind because I could barely walk let alone hustle and the lady tells us that the 4:00 flight and the 1:30 flight are both going to leave at the same time, around 4:30. Ok, no problem. The people that work there are hella cool and they are having a competition to see who can board faster and blah blah blah. Then our luck kicked in. The 1:30 flight which we had been moved to has mechanical problems and it's delayed indefinitely. OH HELL NO. I whipped out my printed itinerary showing that I was originally on the 4:00 flight and they moved us to a different flight without us asking them to and now I'm being screwed. They said they would try to get us on the 4:00 flight anyway and they actually did. Plus we got to sit in the first row that has more leg room! So actually our luck wasn't horrible but our trip just couldn't have gone off without a hitch. That's just too easy!

In any case I'm glad to be home. I was dead from hauling ass around Vegas for 2 days, even with the tram rides we got! Plus it's as expensive as all hell. Maybe later I'll post pictures for now I have to check on my shortbread cookies :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back! Sounds like you had a blast! I'm still jealous even though you have scuffed up knees and your toes are injured.

Carina said...

well, it sounds like better luck than our trips :P
OooOoh cookies :P