Saturday, December 15, 2007

I'm off!

Tomorrow we set sail for Vegas! Woohoo!!!!! Andrew has never been before so I'm excited to show him around. I'm especially excited about not having to work on Monday and Tuesday and getting to sleep all night long uninterrupted for 2 nights in a row. Can't wait :)

I'm almost done Christmas shopping! I need to pick up one more thing for my soon to be father in law and Andrew's step grandpa and I'm done. I really need to send off my gifts for Canada ASAP or they won't make it in time for Christmas.

I booked a wedding photographer today, finally. I found him on Craig's list. I friend of mine told me that she found her photographer there that gave her everything she wanted within her budget so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm getting 200 4x6 prints, 20 5x7 prints, 5 8x10 prints, 2 11x14 prints, a flush mounted album (I prefer them to new trendier ones), 10 hours photography, engagement session with a framed 11x14 picture, 30 wallets, all the pictures on DVD, and 2 parent albums for $2,120. The best part is that his pictures are awesome and he has the best personality! Such a good deal!!! Or at least in my book it is because everyone I've talked to so far wants $3,000 minimum just to take the pictures and give you one album with no extra prints. I couldn't believe how many responses I got from the craig's list add! It was insane. Almost as insane as when I advertised in the penny save for the puppies only it's been spread out over a week instead of 20 calls in one day. In the end he had the best bang for my buck without comprising quality. So all the big stuff is officially done. Now onto the little stuff......

I think I'm going to attempt to make some fudge tonight. Last time I attempted it was disasterous.

Ok, seriously not to change the subject and all but my weirdo puppy just went in the bathroom to snuggle up by the toilet for the 2nd time today. What the hell is she thinking? I guess it's a good thing I cleaned it today. Ok, now she's chilling in the shower. Gidget must have stepped on her head one too many times 'cause it's freezing in here and I know she's not trying to cool down.

Anywho... back to the fudge. Last year mine didn't set and I followed the recipe to a T which is something I never seem to do. I'm going to try the recipe that claims to be No Fail. We'll see how that turns out. In any case I'll be over the stove/oven so at least I won't be cold. This house is so drafty. Damn rentals. I've got the heater set at 70 and a fire going and my fingers are still turning purple!

3 comments:

barnmouse said...

I hope your fudge turned out well this time! A few years ago I made a batch that didn't set. GRR!! So frustrating! I finally pried my great aunt's fudge recipe out of her hands and I haven't had a problem since! Hee! She's always been the one that made fudge and gave it to everyone for Christmas (it's THAT good!) and tomorrow she turns 98 *OMG* and isn't really able to make it anymore. So hopefully she'll be glad that I picked up the torch.

Have fun in Vegas! VEGAS, BABY! Woo!

Carina said...

Yeah, Las Vegas! you can always do your last minute christmas shopping there! Especially in Caesars.

That photographer sound great. and it is great that you are done with all the big things :)Once the new year hits everything will probably go fast.

Hmm..Is your puppy feeling okay? kind of depressing...but I had a cat that was poisoned and decided to die behind the toilet I don't know what is with behind the toilet.

Anonymous said...

So let me get this straight...I'm working my finger to the bone and you're having fun in Vegas? So unfair!

Have a great time and I'm the perfect fudge taster if you need an unbiased opinion.