Sunday, December 9, 2007

It's been awhile....

I've really been lacking on the blogging material lately. You can only talk about your puppies so much, you know? The last one is gone and now we're just working on training Cocoa. Horribly exciting, isn't it?

Last night we went to the CWA crab cippiono feed in Colusa. Andrew's parents are big into the CWA (California Waterfowl Association) so we go every year and spend loads of money. My parents went this year so that was cool. We bought $100 in raffle tickets which is the lowest amount you can spend and guess what we won? More raffle tickets. Woo-freaking-hoo. Those extra raffle tickets did nothing for us. The highlight of the evening was when my dad's cousin showed up out of nowhere and decided to sit with us. I guess he hasn't seen her in like 5 years or something. My mom and dad cut out after dinner as they refused to spend $100 on raffle tickets to win a gun that they don't want. Lucky them. I was stuck with the cousin who proceeded in getting utterly shitfaced and making a fool of herself and of course everyone kept asking ME about her as word had gotten out that I was somehow related. I wouldn't have even known she was family if it wasn't for my dad! Anyway, girl was sooo shitfaced that she was dancing in her chair to the auctioneer. I guess "$500 going once, going twice, sold for $500 to the man in the red hat" has a good beat to it. Then she stopped dancing and just bobbed and weaved in her chair for awhile looking totally comatose and severly disabled. Then she passed out with her head hanging backwards over her chair and her mouth wide open while she hiccupped. I bet y'all are thinking "why in god's name didn't her boyfriend take her ass out of there?" Well because he has bought $1,000 in raffle tickets andyou have to be present to win. And guess what? He did win. The very last prize. So I guess he stuck it out for good reasons but sheesh! Girl was seriously embarrassing me.

Tonight my folks are coming over for dinner for my mom's birthday. We're having tenderloin. Mm.... tenderloin. So yummy!

Oh! Next weekend we're going to Vegas for a few days. The Monte Carlo had rooms on sale for $50 a night and Virgin airlines had flights on sale for $39 so we thought what the hell!!! We're leaving Sunday night and returning Tuesday night so it will be a short trip but that's ok 'cause we're on a budget and Vegas can really suck the money out of you.

We're doing Secret Santa's at work and guess who I pulled. The damned new girl, Sara. Freaking figures! I've never spoken so much as a word to her! I had my friend do some detective work and all she could get out of the girl is she likes cherry scented stuff so I guess I'll get her some bath and body Cherry Blossom stuff and maybe some cherry lip gloss or something. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

So I leave you now with some pictures. Don't mind my bangs, they were horribly misbehaving. The folks in the crab bibs are my parents :)


2 comments:

Carina said...

i know i have been waiting for you to blog!
Oooh sounds fun going to las vegas! there is so much to do there. we walked a lot and my feet were killing me but it is a lot to do and see :) hope you have fun!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...crabs...they look so yummy.

Vegas. Lucky girl.