Sunday, December 23, 2007

2 more days......

So Andrew and I have a bet going to see how many freaking bath sets I get for Christmas this year. I've already got one from my secret santa at work so the trend has already began. Now don't get me wrong, I like bath sets. The only problem is that I've received a minimum of 2 every year since like 1999 or something and while the body wash does get used regularly I can't say the same thing about the lotion or body sprays. I appreciate any gift that anyone gives me because it means they thought enough about me to want to give me something on Christmas. That or they felt guilty because I got them something last year but whatever.... But seriously people, I've got enough bath sets. Have you ever noticed how some people do that? They remember something you liked like 10 years ago and they buy it for you every year without a hitch. It's like frogs. When I was in high school I liked frogs and people would buy me frog stuff and such and it was cool. I'm hitching to be 27 now and I swear to you I still get frog stuff once in awhile. I accept it graciously of course but you have to wonder if the person giving it you has taken the time to notice that 10 years have gone by since you last asked for frog stuff.

I'm not trying to be ungrateful in the least. Like I've said before, if anyone takes the time to buy me a gift of any sort than it's special to me because it means they like me well enough to spend their money on me which makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I guess my real agenda here is to pat myself on the back for thinking up (or at least trying really hard to) original gifts every year. My brother made himself an amazon wish list which made my life sooooo much easier and dad just got food but everyone else I really tried to think of. I could have done better had I not been on such a serious budget but in any case I'm looking forward to handing out my gifts and seeing if I did good or not :).

In other news we're selling my car. I finally put my foot down and told Andrew we're selling it whether he likes it or not. There's absolutely no point in keeping it. We have two cars and his beater truck which he drives every day. I can't drive both cars at one time so one of them is always sitting. My car is the oldest and it's actually worth more than I owe (finally!!!!!!) so it's only logical to sell the damn thing and stop wasting $350 a month on a car that we hardly ever drive. So I got a brand new windshield on Friday and I'll be taking her to get smogged this week and then the ads are going out! I'm going to advertise on Craigs list and in the Pennysaver since I've had such great results from them in the past. I'm a little sad to see it go but I'm sure the money I save will more than make up for it.

On top of that I'm thinking about getting a second job. I loathe working two jobs but I really, really want to help pay for our wedding and I want to be able to afford an awesome honeymoon. Not to mention we have all kinds of debt we need to pay off before we can buy a house (credit cards, lasik surgery, student loans, my wedding rings...... ). Yuck! Even the idea of working two jobs make me feel ill. I say this not because I'm lazy but because I've worked two jobs many, many times in the past and I know what it does to you after awhile. It kicks your ass. You work 40 hours at one job dealing with assholes all day, then you rush off to your other job which is usually retail or something and you have shitty customers AND shitty management, then you rush home to gobble something up before hitting the sack and you wake up to do it all over again. Then on the 1/2 a day you MIGHT get off a week you have to run around like a meth addict trying to get all your laundry done and the grocery shopping done and somewhat clean your house. And forget real meals or spending time with friends and family. Not an option.
Now I know y'all are thinking "doesn't Andrew do side work to help with that stuff?" Yes, but it's pointless. He works these side jobs with his "business" to make money that he almost always puts directly back into his gas tank on the peice of shit truck that we wouldn't own if it wasn't for the "business." Not to mention all the crap he feels the need to buy for the "business." It's a huge joke if you ask me but you can't tell him that. Basically he spends all his time doing side work just to pay off expenses that we wouldn't have if he didn't do side work. But he's convinced that one day he'll become a sucessful business and he won't have to work a regular job, etc etc. I can't tell him it's a joke because then I won't be letting him chase his dreams and I would be a bad wife but it's really quite ridiculous. Plus he has no way of keeping track of anything other than a binder that he shoves all his work orders into and he doesn't want my help at all so undoubtably the IRS will come a'knocking at our door at some point at which point I'll remind him of his quote "It's my business and I'll run it the way I want to." Good luck with that, honey.

2 comments:

Carina said...

So, how many bath sets did you get? For the longest time my dad kept buying me beanie babies because I wanted them for a year or two and finally I had to tell him to stop I didn't want them anymore. I have a hundred or so...boxed up at his house now :P he actually gave me one for christmas this year too!

Well, if you do get a second job I hope it is a easy one. but that never happens. I hate working second jobs two. I feel the same way.

Anonymous said...

Oooo...working multiple jobs suck. I feel like I'm doing it with school and work but I know my end is near.

I feel so sorry for you that I feel the need to send you a bath set.