Saturday, September 29, 2007

Apple cider, caramel apples, apple butter....

Just a few of things I put in my tummy today....
Oh, and some kettle corn and a tri tip sandwich. So yummy! It was such a perfect day at Apple Hill! The weather was unbeatable. It was actually kind of chilly at home but it was perfect once we got up there. Even a little warm at times. The taste of Harvest thing we were looking forward to was lame. There was one itty bitty table with some cheese and some apples. Big whoop. Needless to say we didn't spend too much time at that particular stop. I wanted to buy some pumpkins but I know that they will be icky by the time Halloween comes around. Plus I don't know what kind of pumpkins you use for cooking and Andrew wants me to try to make a homemade pumpkin pie. Actually, I say Andrew wants me too but really I'm curious to see if I can do it :). He just encourages me because he loves pumpkin. We were so freaking excited when we saw the pumpkin ice cream out in stores. We bought 2 containers and then I went back for 2 more a week later. Now I'm going to have to be crazy about apples because we bought a 20 lb box at Apple Hill. I'm going to make a big apple crisp and give some to my coworker and some to my sister in law because they are both crazy about apples. Personally I'm not a huge fan unless they are covered in caramel or baked in a pie. Maybe I'll attempt an apple pie this year too.... I'm actually a little disappointed because I was looking forward to some caramel toffee apple pie that I saw advertised on the apple hill website but I couldn't find any! Bastards.

On a totally different note Gidget stinks really bad and I swear the smell of the puppy piss is penetrating the clothes that we still have in the closet. They must be moved. As much as I love them I can't go into public smelling like puppy pee. Plus I'm suppossedly hosting a bunko party at my house on Oct 19 and I can't have people coming over when the house smells like this. It just ain't right. Once they get moved I'm going to shampoo the whole house again. Frankie isn't around anymore so I'm free to do some hard core carpet cleaning once the puppies get booted.

Andrew's BBQ'ing tri tip for dinner tonight. Guess he didn't get enough in the tri tip sandwich we ate earlier. Mmm.... tri tip. I never buy it 'cause I insist on trying to buy healthy foods. Ok, Gidget really stinks. I can't be on the computer anymore because I can't breathe....

No comments: