Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Day 3 with the babies

Today we had to take Gidget and the puppies in for a check up and to get the due claws removed from the babies. They have to have them removed because they were bred to be hunting dogs and hunting dogs run a huge risk of getting the due claws caught on something and having them get in infected or having them ripped out all together. Not a pretty picture! Andrew and I both went 'cause one momma and 8 babies is alot to handle. Surprisingly everyone is doing well even though Gidget refuses to drink any water. The vet said as long as we feed her wet food and add water to it she should be ok.

This is a pretty exciting week for me! Other than having puppies I get to see my friend Rashell on Thursday when she comes to visit me. She's a craft designer so she's going to see about making me some wedding invitations :). Fun, fun! Plus I just like to see her once in awhile since we don't get to visit very often. Saturday is going to be the 3rd time I've seen Carina in the last couple of months!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!! I normally only see Carina like twice a year so this is a special treat. Even better, we're going to Apple Hill for a tasting event they are having up there. Oh how I do love food..... Probably how I got so fat but sometimes I think it's a fair trade.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWW!!! Wook at the wittle puppy toes!!!! I'm totally smitten...it's a good thing I don't live any closer. You might come home to 7 puppies ;)

Carina said...

Aw, those are cute pictures of the puppies. I can't wait to see them and go to apple hill :)