Saturday, July 28, 2007

Winchester Mystery House and LeAnn Rimes

Yesterday was fantabulous!!!! Really, it was F'ing awesome. Weenie and I started out with a breakfast of champions from Nations in Vacaville. Mmm... bacon. Then we cruised down to the Winchester Mystery House for a grand estate tour (mansion and behind the scenes). For those of you that haven't been to the Winchestery Mystery house it's a MUST. If you don't even know what I'm talking about I highly recommend you look it up on the internet. Here's the jist of it :

Sarah Winchester married the guy who owned Winchester rifles and ammunition. When her husband and baby died she consulted a psychic who told her that she was being haunted by the spirits of the people killed by the Winchester rifles and to appease them she must build them a house and it must be in construction 24/7. She moved to San Jose and started building and she built continuosly for 38 years. The great part is that she built doors that open to walls or that drop off the side of the house along with stair cases that go nowhere and staircases where you have to go up and then down to go down and so and so far. She was rich as hell so it's amazing in there! A little hot in the summer time but freaking amazing!!!!!!

From Winchester we went to Chevy's and had some yum yums and margaritas. MMMM......

Then we started our ascent to the Mountain View Winery. If you've never been to the Mountain View Winery you must go. It's amazing beyond words. It's on top of this massive hill that over looks all of San Jose. It's honestly breath taking. Just a word of advice for anyone going up there - the sign that says "Sound Horn" means you have to honk you're horn while going around the turn. Yeah, I didn't know that. I asked Arlene what a sound horn was. I wasn't sure but I thought my horn was pretty sound. She advised me to stop talking and go back to licking windows :).

LeAnn Rimes puts on a great show and she has some fantastic new songs coming out! I'm so freaking excited about her new album! It's going to be great. I will say that up until yesterday I had never seen a performer wear such casual clothes. She just came out in shorts and a sleeveless shirt. Hell, I don't blame her. It's probably hot as fuck on that stage in the middle of summer singing and dancing around. I'm just used to a little pizazz I guess. We had great seats but we ended up getting out of them and going to the back to stand. Nobody in the stands was actually standing and I just can't do a concert sitting down. I can't. It's not right! We were so hyped up on the way home all we did was giggle until we literally hurt. Oh, and we scored some free banana's at the 7-11.
Here's some pictures for your viewing enjoyment:






5 comments:

Sparky said...

"Sound Horn" means you have to honk you're horn while doing around the turn."

Soooo. How do you doing around a turn? Is that pretty sexual?

I'm really not that angry..... said...

you know I don't speak English. Leave me alone!

Carina said...

Woohoo. Winchester mystery house. I remember when we went. You forgot some of the story though...the psychic told her to build a lot so her brother or somebody would have work the psychic was using her. Wasn't that part of the story? I forgot. but anyway sounds like you had fun.

Charlotte said...

Brad and I went to the Winchester Mystery House yesterday!! haha We almost bought you a shot glass, but I'm sure you got one when you went. We do have a gift for gidget though. :)

Arlene said...

Oh my God, it was all so fun!!!! Can't wait to do it again!!!!!