Sunday, July 1, 2007

Old Sac-a-tamotes

Yesterday Andrew and cruised Old Sac and did a few things I've been meaning to do for years: go to the train museum and ride the train along the river. It's funny how I'll drive hours and hours to see an attraction somewhere else but I never take the time to see the ones in my own back yard. The train museum was really interesting and fun. I know I'm a grown up now because I love museums. I think it's the history that draws me to them. I never liked history until I got into college and then I realized I love it!!! The train ride was ok. It just went up the river a teenie tiny bit and brought you back. Nothing horribly exciting but it sure is nice to sit in an open air car and let the breeze cool you down as you over look the river. We've decided that we want to take a dinner cruise on the river. Has anyone done that? If so was it worth it?

So this week is the 4th of July. Hip Hip Hooray! I used to love the 4th of July because it meant swimming and fire works. I still love it but it puts a damper on my fun when it's in the middle of the week. This year I'm going to BBQ with my folks and then either watch the fireworks at the high school or if I'm feeling particularly energetic I'll watch them over the river in Colusa with the in laws. I love my in laws by the way and they love me :) They basically love me because they LOATHE Andrew's ex wife but whatever.....

Only a month and a half until I go to Niagara Falls!!!

Oh, guess what? We paid ALL of our bills on time this month. Yippeeeeee!!!! Usually we pick which ones to pay and which ones to wait on but not this month. We're finally getting somewhere (with the help of Weenie of course).

4 comments:

Arlene said...

Glad this arrangement is working out for all of us :-)
I can't believe how much my kids missed you guys this weekend!!
I love old sac! I think the dinner cruise would be lots of fun! We need to do the train ride by Santa Cruz!! Lets work on that k :-)
I want to go to all of the museums in SD. Geez we're old!

Carina said...

I think my mom went on a dinner cruise once. It was like a mystery dinner thingy kind of like clue. it was in old sac too.
I am so jealous that you are going to Niagara falls. I want to go somewhere fun like that! or just somewhere far like that.
Oh, look. I read your blog by the way..haha.

Carina said...

I think my mom went on a dinner cruise once. It was like a mystery dinner thingy kind of like clue. it was in old sac too.
I am so jealous that you are going to Niagara falls. I want to go somewhere fun like that! or just somewhere far like that.
Oh, look. I read your blog by the way..haha.

Carina said...

Oh, i forgot to say i really like the picture on top of your blog. where is that? is that at your house? It is very pretty. I guess it is my turn to visit your home.