Saturday, August 4, 2007

Visit from an old friend

So the other morning I was laying in bed trying to sleep as Frankie was biting me and I was thinking of my old friend Chris who now lives in Washington D.C. I think about Chris from time to time as I really enjoyed our friendship and I miss him much but that day I told myself that as soon as I got a free moment I would send him an email and hope that he responds. So I get to work and I pop into my email account and low and behold there's an email from Chris!!!! I hadn't talked to him in about a year's time and it gave me goosebumps to see that he had been thinking about me on the very day that I had a promise to myself to get in touch with him. What's even crazier is that he was reminded of my while reading an article about people getting stopped at the Canadian border because of youthful indescritions and he began laughing because he could totally see that happening to me. The scary part is that he had absolutely no idea that I am actually headed to Canada in 2 weeks! It absolutely blows my mind the way the world works sometimes. I can't even begin to explain it but it sure put a huge smile on my face :).

2 comments:

Carina said...

Wow! that is creepy. I mean I will think about calling someone and they will call me at that second, but not with so many consequences...ooooo

Arlene said...

That is so crazy!! Have you since told him you're going to Canada? I always forget to ask you stuff like this!