Thursday, August 7, 2008

Wow, I suck at blogging

I just haven't felt any urges to blog lately. I read blogs... but I never post my own. Sheer laziness I guess. So I guess one could say I've been busy. Work is pretty all consuming right now and doesn't leave me much energy after work to do much. We bought an eliptical machine and a bike for Andrew in an attempt to not be so fat. The idea is that eventually I'll lose some weight and then maybe I can have a baby but for now that's a pretty far off goal. I have been getting up early about 3 times a week to pump out 10 mins on the eliptical machine. 10 mins is hard, ok? It kicks my ass! Eventually I'll work myself up.... or I'll just start sleeping in. One of the two. Gidget is on a diet too so we bought a "chuck it" and have been taking her to the dog park. I even started monitoring their food instead of letting them pig out like I used to. It's a sad time at Casa de Kaba.

Last weekend was a blast though. We went to The Punchline Comedy club for my friend's birthday and saw John Capparillo. I had no freaking idea who he was but my friend informed us that he's on CMT's Mobile Home Disasters. I was a bit surprised as I'm a die hard country fan and she's.... not so much. But whatever, I laughed my ass off!! All three of the comics were hilarious which doesn't usually happen too often. Usually the first guy gets a few chuckles, the second guy has a few really good ones, and the third guy splits your gut but this time I had a stomach ache before the headline even took the stage! Andrew was DYING. I literally thought he was going to laugh so hard that he would forget to breate and he would die. He made it ok though.

Sunday we went boating with my family and they had this new toy which is basically a floating couch. It seats 3 people and when you get that much weight on it and you start hitting waves you catch some serious air. It was a blast but I paid for it the next day in my arms! It actually managed to help my back though because I'd been having pain in my tail bone for the last few months and after getting jerked around on that floating couch thing the pain went away! So much cheaper and more entertaining than seeing a chiropractor...

I applied for a tranfer at work to the Criminal department. I just told my boss today that I had applied. I was scared to tell her but she was really nice and encouraging about it and she said she understood me wanting to get more experience and they would be lucky to have me. She's probably on the phone with someone cussing me right now but oh well, I hopefully won't have to deal with it for too much longer.

This weekend I have a going away party to attend for my last partner at the counter and then Sunday we're going to the San Francisco zoo with my friend and her kids. I'm pretty excited about it! Yeah so the tiger ate someone on Christmas last year... I'll just have to refrain from dangling my feet over it'2 12 foot cage like the last guy did. In any case, it should be fun :)

3 comments:

Carina said...

The San Fransisco zoo! No fair :( Sound like you been having a lot of fun.

Laughing is exercise...so maybe if you go to more comedy clubs that is a good source of exercise :P

So, by applying for a transfer, does that pretty much mean you will get it? That would be cool! New environment

Carina said...

oh, p.s you are a bad blogger :P

Anonymous said...

Well written article.