Saturday, August 23, 2008

Moving On Over....

To the Criminal department!

I applied for a transfer a few weeks ago because I just couldn't do Traffic anymore and they accepted me! I knew they would because that office works closely with my mom's office and my mom is the supervisor so naturally she's in contact with the Criminal supervisor all the time. Luckily for me the supervisor in Criminal (Pam) really likes my mom so naturally she'll like me.... or so I hope. I had a hard time deciding to make the switch because I really like most of my coworkers in traffic and my boss is so easy going. But on the other hand I'm sick of the work and I'm not going to go anywhere there because you need experience in the court to be able to move up so I had to do what I had to do! I don't know when I start over there yet but I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. It's normal stuff though like I'm worried that I won't make friends over there and I'm nervous about going from knowing a heck of a lot about what I do to not knowing very much and having to learn all over again. But it should be a new challenge and it should be fun and I'm definitely ready for change!

Andrew and I went to a birthday party for my friend's sons today. They turned 3 and 4 - she's crazy, I know. It was pretty fun and the kids liked our gifts so that was a bonus. Andrew is bugging me again about having kids. He just doesn't understand how much work really goes into a kid. They are not cute little well behaved babies 24/7. And you KNOW I'll be the one that has to get up at night to take care of them because he won't wake up and I'll be the one that takes care of them 90% of the time because of his work schedule and that's not even considering the 40 weeks of pregnancy and LABOR! The idiot gave a one year old some play dough today at the party and before I could say "Don't, she'll eat it" she put it in her mouth and I had to fish it out and I'd just met the kid 1/2 hour before! Luckily her mom was easy going...

In other care-giving news Cocoa ate an entire bar of soap and the proceeded to vomit it up all night long. Luckily my friend had made the soap and it was all natural. She owns this business called Cupcake Bath Shoppe where she makes all her own soaps. I'm actually going to be doing some craft fairs with her shortly so I'm pretty excited about that. One is in October in Yuba City and the other is in November in Colusa. I don't know how the Yuba City one is going to go down but the Colusa one is huge. It's like one of the biggest things that little city sees all year so I'm pretty excited about that. Plus my in-laws live there and know a ton of people so hopefully my last name will sale a few things :). Oh, my bastard dogs picked up Kennel Cough at the park so they're popping more pills than Amy Winehouse right now (I don't even know if she pops pills but it's the first druggy I could think of). I should seriously buy some stock in Kraft Cheese because we go through it by the ton whenever they get sick. One of the perks of having labs is that they'll eat anything and they rarely chew which makes it great for giving them meds. I mean, after eating an entire bar of soap (which takes some serious effort) those pills probably taste pretty damn good!

2 comments:

Carina said...

yay! you got to move! How exciting.
But, what is not exciting is your dog eating soap. was she burping bubbles?

When I had to give Whit pills I just put it in a gob of peanut butter and she ate it right up. It was pretty easy.

Charlotte said...

Yay! I hope the criminal department is fun. It sounds exciting. Sometimes I think Penny eats a lot of weird crap, but then I hear about stuff like the soap consumption and I think, 'not so much'. Although, penny did eat one of those shoe packets that keep moisture out, silica gel and Brad and I were up late making her barf with hydrogen peroxide.