Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The zoo is not just for kids anymore....

Sunday Andrew and I got up at the butt crack of dawn to meet my friend, Michelle, and her family at the San Francisco Zoo. S.F. is only about an hour and a half away from us but who wants to get up at 7:00 on a Sunday? Ok, I admit it - I do if an outing is involved. Andrew... not so much. I was excited though because I hadn't been to a zoo in years and the last one I went to was the Sacramento zoo which really sucks these day. Their animals keep dying and they don't replace them. Plus the S.F. zoo is right on the ocean and the weather was an amazing 78 degrees. Y'all might have heard about the S.F. zoo last Christmas when one of the tigers jumped out of it's 12 foot cage and ate a teenager. It wasn't the dead teenagers fault though, it was the fault of his dumb friend who was antagonizing the tiger. IDIOTS.

Anyway, the zoo was loads of fun but of course they rainforest exhibit was closed which figures because that's the one I wanted to see the most. Here's some pictures for your enjoyment.



The county fair opens up tomorrow and for us small towners that's a big freaking deal. Our county fair is the last free county fair in all of Califorina! Pretty special huh? I think what it really means is that we spend so much money on booze and food that they don't need to charge admission. But whatever, I'm ready to eat me some corn dogs and watch a good ol' fashioned destruction derby!

2 comments:

Carina said...

Cute pictures! I like the cutout face one! hehe. I want to go to the zoo!

Anonymous said...

I don't think I know of a free fair here either. You have to pay for everything and then some. Except you can pet the stinky animals for free. Which I pass on. Every single year.