Thursday, July 3, 2008

I'm Sirius, Man!

So I finally broke down and bought myself a Sirius radio. My mother in law had given me a gift certificate for Radio Shack like 6 months ago to buy one and I never got around to it. I figured they'd be having good sales today so I got all pumped up and did my research and everything and of course there's no sale. Bastards. I got a Starmate 4. It's not the newest or the fanciest model on the market but I like it because it's on the smaller side and as long as I can rewind and listen to my classic country I'm good. So I'm pretty excited about that.

I should have known that there wouldn't be any good sales today because I already had my stroke of good luck for the week. I went down to the Social Security Office to apply for my new name and there was like a bazillion people in there. Some old dude was bitching about his 45 minute wait so after I told a computer why I was there and received my number I settled in for some cell phone Tetris. I only got through one game and they called my number!! I thought they had screwed up because I was the last person to arrive and surely the people behind me were going to rip me away from the window by my hair (they were seriously ruder than the customers at my office!!). I asked the guy if he was sure he called the right number because there was plenty of people that arrived after me and he said that he was new and only knew how to do the change of name applications!!! Woohoo!! That totally rocked! Only bad part was that it takes 24 hours for it to roll over to DMV so now I have to take more time off work to go to DMV. Grr... I think our DMV is open one Saturday a month though.

Tomorow we're going to Indian Valley Reservoir for a day of boating and BBQ'ing. I have a feeling the water level is going to be waaaaay down and there's probably going to be more boats than water but oh well... it will be nice to get away for a day and spend some time with the family.

2 comments:

Carina said...

woohoo, your changing your name. I will have to get use to your new last name.
So, how was your 4th? Was the water really low? it is at oroville lake. It is real low

Anonymous said...

Wow...what luck! I think for convenience whenever I get married I'm just sticking to my name. The thought of changing everything to another name makes my head spin.