Sunday, June 8, 2008

How hard can it be?

I recently put Andrew on my medical insurance since my copay is a lot cheaper and my coverage is alot better. Plus he's considering going into business for himself full time but that's a whole 'nother blog. So I tell my HR department that his doctor is Josie Santana and I know she's in the network because I've seen her myself a few times. They say they will double check everything and they will let me know if there is any problems. I got our new cards in the mail yesterday and they have his doctor listed as Jyoti Saxena. What the hell? Did they just assume that since this doctor has the same initials as his doctor that we wouldn't notice the difference? So I went online and of course his doctor is not listed but I know for a fact that she accepts my insurance because I've seen her numerous times (she's absolutely amazing by the way). So frustrating!!! And to make matter worse they are not open on the weekends so I can't call them up and get it straightened out. And to top it off this is not the first time this has happened to me!! When I worked at a local winery I was HR so I know I filled the forms out correctly and they sent me a card with a doctor that was 100 miles away (and not even in the Chico area which I previously lived in so it would make some kind of sense. No, no, it was like 100 miles in the other direction). When I got to the doctor one afternoon to be seen for a horrible sinus infection they turned me away because they weren't listed on my policy! IDIOTS!! I mean really, how hard can it be?

No comments: