Monday, September 1, 2008

Long and Busy Weekend

It's currenlty 7:30 pm Monday night and I'm stuck wondering where in the hell my 3 day weekend went. Saturday I just cleaned the house in the morning and then went to my parents house for dinner in celebration of my dad's birthday. When that party was over we hit up my friend Lindsay's End of Summer Luau party. We didn't stay very long but I did manage to get dinged in the forehead by a Beer Pong ball gone astray. That's so my luck.

Sunday I met my friend Michelle at Mimi's Cafe in Fairfield (oh how I love Mimi's!) to plan the craft shows that we have coming up in October and November for her line of soaps and bath and body products. We ended up doing a little shopping at Michael's where I bought some mini-cupcake pans which I'm going to use to promote her business by giving away the mini-cupcakes at the shows. Her business is called Cupcake Bath Shoppe so I thought it was a cute idea and everyone always flocks to the booths with free food or samples. At least I know I do :). After Michael's we hit up Babies R Us where I bought a gift for a friend and then I speed home to meet with another friend to build a diaper cake. I'd never made a diaper cake before and I had my doubts about how the whole thing was going to go down but in the end I was mighty impressed with our work. We were going to go the state fair that night but since I was beat and Andrew wanted to go hunting in the morning we have our tickets to my brother.

Today I've just been bumming around. It's a bit windy and I like it because it makes me think that Fall just might be here already. I'm sure tomorrow will dash my hopes with 100+ weather. I made some snickerdoodles which taste yummy but the bastards would NOT come off of the cookie sheet. What's the deal with that? Does anybody know? Is there a trick to snickerdoodles? Andrew took Gidget hunting this morning so me and Cocoa have been lounging around and doing alot of cuddling. It turns out she's a much better behaved dog when it's just her. Before I know it I'l be back at work. Luckily I only have a 3 day week this week and Friday I'm off to Fort Bragg! Hooray!

1 comment:

Carina said...

I have never made snickerdoodles, but can't you Pam the pan? or put tin foil on the top of the pan? Eh, I don't know.

Woohoo! Three day week and then fort bragg I am so excited :) :)