Sunday, April 20, 2008

Let the festivities begin!

I officially have less than one month until my wedding which means that I'm a busy, busy girl! Friday night my friends from work took me out to the Thunder from Down Under. Oh boy... what a night! First we started with a pre party at Morrison's where they gave me a blow up penis necklace, a pink boa, a veil with devil horns, and a bachelorette sash to wear for the night. The we hit up the show. Ladies, if you ever get a chance you must see Thunder from Down Under!! They are sooo hot! And it's entertaining because they do group dances and stuff while stripping so it's not like one guy dancing around a pole. And of course with all my garb I was the first one called on stage to get a private session with a stripper. I almost died. Literally. I think I died. And not because the guy was so dreamy I couldn't stand it - because I was embarrassed beyond belief! After he made me grab his butt, rub him down, strip his pants off, and dance with him he finally let me go. Oh wait, he ripped by penis necklace off too. Bastard. Anyway... after that was over we moved the party to another bar and did a little karaoke. I finally got home around 1:45 and I think it was probably 2:30 - 3 by the time I fell asleep.

Then I was back up at 8 for the bridal shower! Which was also super fun. We played wedding bingo and then we had everyone tell a story about me which ended up with my mom finding out about a bleached out spot on the carpet of my old bedroom that she never knew anything about. Damn Michelle. I got all kinds of nice gifts and it was a really nice turnout. I was really surprised and happy that everyone could make it.

Now I've got bachelorette party #2 coming up and I'm hearing rumors that I might be in for some more embarassing fun. Keep your fingers crossed that it doesn't involve any more strippers.....

Then it's the big day! Yeah!!! It's finally here! All that work and it's finally coming into reality. Everyone always asks me if I'm nervous but I'm surprisingly not nervous. At least not yet... As for the relationship we've been living like we're married for over a year now (sharing money and everything) so I won't have much adjusting to do after the marriage. Just gotta get used to signing my new last name is all. The only things I sometimes worry about is that everyone will have a good time at the wedding.


Here's some pics for your viewing enjoyment :-)



1 comment:

Carina said...

Great pictures!
Your bridal shower was really fun. Although, I don't know if I will be able to come to the bachelorette party and I am a little afraid to go after I heard andrea and michelle talking about it...you know me, I don't think that will be my cup of tea :P